1/06/2018

Last supper

As a knitter, there isn't anything better than having a totally crazy friend who dyes yarn. You know, the kind who's not afraid to try anything you ask her to dye. We were talking and thinking what paintings would fit a sock blank nicely. I said, I'd love to have a sock blank with the Last supper to make socks for my dad who's a priest. I never thought, she would actually paint it for me but se did!



Happiness is a friend with a set of acid dyes and artistic eye. <3


If the yarn artist was a bit crazy, I've heard a few times that I must be out of my mind to unravel this piece of art. But hey, that's the whole point of a sock blank - to make socks from it.


What: basic socks / own pattern
How: Circular needle 2.25 mm
From: PetrichorYarns Sock blank, 76 g
Ravelryssa

I truly did knit socks from the sock blank. And, this time I was smart enough to write down all the important info instead of having to calculate it all from the first sock.



Working with sock blanks is such a blast. I love seeing how the colors and patterns change as the blank turns into socks. This time it was even more fun, watching as yet another disicple had disappeared from the blank as to socks grew.



My knitterly friends were eager to watch the socks progress. Someone actually found a drunk cat from the sock blank if you looked at it from a certain angle. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Some were expecting Jesus to apper on the sole of the socks but He made these fun tiger stripes on the leg of the second sock.


What a pair these are. The colors worked such that you can only tell them to belong together from the toes of the second sock. But I guess that's the appeal of sock blanks - you can never know how the socks will turn out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Those are wonderful!!! Yarn friends are the best.

    ReplyDelete