4/11/2018

Smoothie hat

Now that spring is finally arriving in Finland, it's time to publish the last beanie pattern of the winter. This light weight beanie knitted with fingering weight yarn is just the thing to cover your ears in the last cold winds of the winter.


What: Smoothie / Own pattern
How: Circular needle 3.5 mm
From: Qing Fibre Supersoft Sock, 33 g
 Ravelryssa

Last year at the Jyväskylä summer knit festival, I bought a skein of this beautiful, fluffy pink yarn. It was one of those "Oh, I have no idea what I'm going to make but I need this delicious skein" purchases.


I had the feeling the yarn would work nicely as a cabled beanie. I was in the mood to design a hat with a garter stitch edge and the cables are just enough to keep the knitting interesting while letting the pretty yarn shine.


The decreases are worked between the cables and create a beautiful crown - which I of course covered with the pompom. Luckily, you can see pics without a pompom by my test knitters on Ravelry.


I haven't really hopped on the whole fake fur bandwagon. But then, I found these amazing alpaca pompoms at Toft booth at Edinburgh Yarn Fest. All the pompoms were a bit different and you could select one for your liking. I went with this smallish (compared to the others!) white pompom.


We took photos of the hat during Easter and now I can't shake the association that this is the Easter bunny's fluffy tail.


You can find the pattern on Ravelry. It has two sizes. And, you can get it -25% with the code PoMPoM until the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment